Which Programs on Amazon will Work Best for Your Business?
Amazon Programs that Work Best for Your Business
Amazon is a big, exciting place for online marketers as it makes selling easier for many merchants. With a platform that has around 175 million monthly visitors, there is room for every seller to make a profit. Amazon also offers a number of products and services to its sellers to help increase both traffic and sales. But in order to fully reap the benefits of selling on Amazon, it’s important to make use of their sales and promotional tools.
Here are some of the most effective programs you can use while selling on the Amazon marketplace to grow your business with ease.
1. Win The Buy Box: Winning the buy box has become an invaluable asset for retailers and an important factor in driving sales. The buy box is the box that appears on the product detail page where customers can begin the purchasing process and add items to their shopping cart. While Amazon doesn’t disclose the exact requirements, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of winning to win the buy box:
- Lower your price: Find out what your competitors are selling the same product for. Then offer to sell and ship it at a lower price. If you have the lowest price including shipping then your product has a better chance of winning the buy box.
- Availability: Never run out of stock. Keep your inventory up-to-date to ensure that customers don’t place orders for products that are no longer available.
- Offer a variety of shipping options: Offer multiple shipping options and also include free shipping for your product.
- Keep your customers happy: An unhappy customer is more likely to cancel an order, leave negative feedback or request a refund – all things that can affect your order defect rate (ODR). As an ODR of 1 percent makes you ineligible for the buy box, it’s vitally important that you keep your customer happy. Also, customers who are happy with their purchase are more likely to return and buy from you again.
2. Fulfillment by Amazon: This is a program where you send your merchandise to one of the Amazon fulfillment centers. They then pack and ship it for you. When you join FBA your visibility increases. Your FBA products are eligible for Prime shipping options like one-day delivery, free two-day delivery and in some areas, same day delivery. Also, as a seller, you only pay for services when you use them, something that makes this a very cost effective option.
3. Replenishment Alerts: If you use FBA it’s important to ensure your items are always available. But to save on costs, it’s also important to not have too many items on hand at one time. Replenishment alerts help you manage your inventory by setting specific alert quantities. Once an item’s quantity drops below the alert amount, Amazon sends you an email notification that you need to replenish your stock.
4. Vendor Powered Coupons: Amazon has a lot of built-in promotional tools available to sellers, and a popular option is vendor powered coupons (VPC). Customers love a deal so offering coupons is a great way to increase exposure and sales. VPCs can be created in Amazon’s vendor central for a low per click and per redemption fee.
5. Amazon Promotions and Advertising: Amazon makes it easy for you to get your products noticed. They periodically offer promotions and discounts to buyers like discounts for purchasing multiple items. Also, Amazon advertising allows you to deliver targeted ads to related product searches. Now, even 3rd-party merchants can create lightning deals.
6. Amazon Keywords Tool: While listing on Amazon you get a field to list keywords. These are words or phrases people type into the Amazon search box to find products. Amazon recommends that you use different keywords than those used in your titles. Instead, use keywords that are most commonly searched for by buyers.
Selling on Amazon does not have to be a daunting task even if you are a new seller. CrewMachine has all the tools and experts needed to take your online success to a new level.